MEDVAL is Proud to Support Wells for Life
For the cost of one MSA
For a little less than the cost of the average MSA, you could provide clean drinking water for ten years to an entire village in India. It is estimated nearly one billion people worldwide do not have access to clean drinking water. Here are some other facts you may not know collected from the website of Wells for Life www.wellsforlife.org
- 98% of water-related deaths occur in the developing world.
- Poor people living in the slums often pay 5-10 times more per liter of water than wealthy people living in the same city.
- Women walk on average 3.5 miles a day to collect water and spend around 3 hours collecting and carrying water. The average weight of water carried on their heads is 45 pounds.
- Over 6,000 children die daily due to sickness and disease directly attributable to bad water and poor sanitation.
- Infant Mortality Rate: 1 out of every 9 boys dies in India before the age of 5. 1 out of every 10 girls dies in India before the age of 5.
- The following diseases are the result of unclean water ingested through the stomach: Diarrhea, Dysentery, Cholera, Typhoid, Hepatitis, Polio (In India, diarrhea alone causes more than 1,600 deaths daily).
Additionally, through standing water, stagnated water and drainage the following diseases get into our bodies through insect bites: Malaria, Encephalitis, Dengue fever
- The average American spends $240 per month on fast food but only $5 per month helping the poor.
MEDVAL strongly supports the mission of Wells for Life and encourages others in the Insurance/MSP industry to donate the cost of one MSA to the cause. For the rest of 2011, we will match any donations up to $30,000 (the total will build 60 wells and serve over 30,000 people) from others that wish to join this worthy cause of helping to alleviate the poverty and suffering caused by not having access to clean drinking water.
To donate, contact Jon Gunter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-SET-ASIDE x486. Plus you will get a snazzy little plaque like the one below on your well.
PS Structured settlement brokers and Custodial Administrators, don’t feel left out. For the commission on one $37,500 annuity or one year’s set-up fee on a custodial account, you can get in on the action too. Wells for Life is the only charitable organization I know where 100% of donated funds go directly to a water project.