Drug Utilization Assessment
Do you have a case where medications are out of control, over-prescribed, or problematic? We have the solution.
Our clinical experts—a team of Pharmacists, Board Certified Specialists, Physician Assistants, and experienced Nurse Case Managers—will evaluate, develop, and implement a Drug Utilization Assessment (DUA). Combining our clinical expertise and strong knowledge of MSP compliance, our team can provide the analysis and focused intervention you need to ensure a successful outcome, allowing you to get ahead
of the case.
The DUA is:
- a review of a Claimant’s current medication regimen and treatment plans;
- a review of the medical necessity and appropriateness of a medication, or group of medications;
- a review of all recommendations for future prescription regimens, and detailed analysis of MEDVAL experts’ recommended plans, including weaning protocols;
- an analysis of the future timeframe over which the medication(s) are likely to be used vs. over the claimant’s entire life expectancy; and
- an analysis prepared by our clinicians, which includes a detailed breakdown of all medications, and complete cost savings plan consistent with all jurisdictional opportunities.
- Average estimated savings of 40+%
- Use of evidence-based guidelines to review and explain all recommended treatment
- Ability to get your claim under control before the MSA and/or CMS submission
- Understanding of medications, contraindications, and alternative treatment options
- Control claim costs through proactive claims management
- Ability to streamline a process to wean, taper, and discontinue medications
- Peer-to-peer consultations, negotiation, and agreement